1. Firstly you need to be yourself on social media. Just because you are a business doesn’t mean you have to be corporate. In fact, on social sites people are looking to connect with people. They want to know who is behind the business and not be faced with some faceless corporate entity.
2. Here’s one of the most important tips of all. Listen to your customers. They’re making the effort to be on social media. They’re looking at your stuff, they’re obviously interested and social sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter are fantastic sites for you to find out what they’re saying. Look at their posts, read their comments, and above all else take action on what you learn. They can be your biggest advocates so treat them like real people and listen to them.
3. Social media is a long term game so you need to be patient. It takes time to build a brand, but because of the reach of social media, once you’ve got your name out there, it’s very hard to hold back the floodgates! (If you do it properly). Give helpful tips about your niche, interact with people and that will go a long way to building and establishing your brand.
4. You need to make the most of every opportunity to get your name out on social media. There are many different social media platforms and if you’re serious about building your business using social media, then try to structure your posts to the various platforms. One of the most important tips is to have a schedule of what you’re going to post and stick to that schedule. That way you’ve got a plan of what you’re going to say, it prevents you going off on tangents, and will build a better brand for you in the long term.
5. We said above that social and online media is forever changing and that means you need to be flexible. Websites change all the time, Facebook is forever changing and new players are constantly coming into the market, so you need to be nimble enough to allow for these changes. Post great content and you can’t go wrong.
6. Collaborating with others is key to your success. Don’t think of your competition as competition. Think of ways that you can work together to spread both brands. Social media makes companies very transparent and if you’re a small business collaborating with other similar businesses is a great way to get your name visible and noticed.
7. The last of our tips is to be humble about your achievements. You need to let people know what you’re doing as you can be sure your competition is doing exactly that (but read point six above!). But you don’t need to blow your trumpet from the rooftops. Just be subtle and quietly let people know about what you’re doing and if you treat people with respect, and show them your successes you will find your social media marketing to be much more effective.
These seven tips give you an overview about how you should treat your social interactions. You use social and online media to keep your business and brand ahead of the curve and to give yourself high visibility. Use these easy ideas to turn marketing strategies into a successful brand.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7265491
- How and Why Companies Use Social Media (caseygrenet.wordpress.com)
- Six Social Media Initiatives for business (keithpwilliams.wordpress.com)
- Social Media Marketing Suggestions That You Can Implement Now (shevero.com)
- Best Practices For Approaching People On Social Media (fliptop.com)
- Use Social Media to Brand Your Business (arthuryannoukos.com)
- The Ins And Outs Of Social Media Marketing (shevero.com)
- S.P.I.C.E.S of Social Media Branding (business2community.com)